GIZ APASAN PROJECT:
Between May 2017 and December 2017 period, EcoExpert provided environmental consulting for the projects "Integrated Waste Management System for the Waste Management Zone 5 (ZMD5), Center Development Region" and "Integrated Waste Management System for the Waste Management Zone 8, North Development Region" under the project "Modernizing Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova", implemented by the German International Cooperation Agency (GIZ) and financially supported by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) Romania, the Swedish Government, the European Union and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The main objectives of the projects are to improve the local public services in the localities of study areas and to implement waste collection for the entire population in the area, to reduce the negative impact on the environment from existing non-compliant landfills, to implement the separate collection of recyclable waste in the urban area and to extend the system development by increasing the responsibility of the inhabitants for waste recovery.
The Integrated Solid Waste Management Integrated Management System of ZMD 5 is located on the administrative territory of the Ungheni, Nisporeni and Călărași districts (80 APLs out of which 4 in urban and 76 rural areas respectively) and it includes:
- the collection of all residual waste, building and demolition waste from both the urban and rural areas;
- the separate collection of recyclable waste from urban and rural areas;
- the transportation and transferation of waste to the waste management facilities and carrying out a transfer station in the village of Niscani for the Calarasi district;
- the separate collection of green waste from the urban area and their composting at the Floriţoaia Veche composting plant;
- the sortation of recyclable waste collected separately in two sorting stations at Nisporeni and Florițoaia Veche;
- the storage of waste that is not recovered at Floriţoaia Veche regional warehouse;
- the closure of the existing Nișcani dump.
The Integrated Municipal Solid Waste Management System in ZMD 8, located on the administrative territory of the districts of Edineţ, Dondușeni, Briceni and Ocnița; a total of 103 LPAs, of which 8 in urban and 95 rural environments, respectively comprise:
- the collection of municipal waste from both urban and rural areas;
- separate collection of recyclable waste from urban and rural areas;
- the transportation and transferation of waste to the waste management facilities and the construction of two domestic waste transfer stations in Edinet and Briceni and a transfer station for recyclable waste at Dondușeni;
- the separate collection of green (vegetal) waste from urban areas and their composting at the Donduşeni composting plant;
- the sortation of recyclable waste which was collected separately at Edineț sorting station;
- the storage of unused waste at the Dondușeni regional warehouse;
- the promotion of individual composting.
For both projects, the works and coordination were carried out under Law No 86 of May 29, 2014 "on Environmental Impact Assessment" for the purpose of obtaining the environmental agreements.
Activities carried out under the contract:
- the presentations of the environmental impact assessment procedure;
- the request for prior evaluation of the planned activity;
- the Draft Environmental Impact Assessment Program;
- to provide assistance, to inform the public about the draft of the program;
- the Environmental Impact Assessment;
- to provide assistance and to inform the public about environmental impact assessment;
- to provide assistance for the public consultations held in the localities concerned from 22.11.2017 to 02.12.2017;
- to provide assistance throughout the contract for obtaining approvals, environmental agreements issued by the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and the Environment.
The initiators of the planned activity are:
Waste Management Area 5 - Ungheni Rayon Council;
Waste Management Zone 8 - Dondușeni District Council.
See also projects:
ENVIRONMENTAL, SAFETY AND HEALTH AUDIT O...
Between 24 March -7 April, the company has developed EcoExpert Audit Study Environmental, Health and Security of Enterprise with Foreign Capital "Concrete-Lux"...
LAPE FOR THE CHETROSU VILLAGE, DROCHIA D...
Between 1-30 septembrie EcoExpert developed Local Action Plan Environmental Chetrosu city, cr Drochia custom Chetrosu village hall.Company experts visited...